June 30, 2014

crunchy asian slaw


Hello & happy almost 4th of July! I wanted to share a recipe with my weekly meal plan today because we actually ate it twice this weekend and I figured it would also be perfect to share for the upcoming holiday weekend! It's a recipe I've shared before on the blog but it was due for an update--partly because the ingredients have changed slightly and partly because there aren't any pictures with the old post. For some reason, all of the pictures from the beginning of my blog were removed and I can't figure out how to get them back. So! Here's what we're having for dinner this week (make sure you go link up with Organizing Junkie to share yours) as well as the recipe for one of my favorite side dishes--crunchy Asian slaw.

Sunday - Burgers on the grill, roasted red potatoes, crunchy Asian slaw
Monday - Turkey, cream cheese, and pesto stuffed shells, broccoli, rolls
Tuesday - Tacos and rice
Wednesday - Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, garlic knots
Thursday - Chicken, black bean, and salsa bake


And now, for the Asian slaw recipe. I first had this several years ago at my husband's Aunt Sylvia's house. It was so good and when she shared the recipe with me, I couldn't believe how easy it was! I've been making it as a side dish to go with hamburgers & hot dogs ever since and it's always a hit. My sister in law makes it now too and this weekend, she brought it to my in-laws for a cookout and then last night, I made it to go along with burgers on the grill and roasted red potatoes. Give it a try this weekend for your 4th of July celebration, it will go great with barbecue, burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, you name it! Hope you enjoy :)

from dinner on Saturday night - thank you Lindsay for letting me take a picture of the slaw you made!

Crunchy Asian Slaw
Recipe via Aunt Sylvia/Allrecipes

Ingredients:
1 (3 ounce) package beef flavor Ramen noodles with seasoning packet
1 (3 ounce) package roasted sunflower seed kernels
1 (3 ounce) package sliced almonds
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup bottled oil and vinegar salad dressing (I use Kraft light)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 (16 ounce) package broccoli slaw mix

Directions:
1. Crush the Ramen noodles in a bowl, and stir in the beef seasoning packet, sunflower seeds, almonds, green onions, oil and vinegar dressing, and sugar, mixing until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Place the coleslaw mix into a large salad bowl, pour the dressing mixture over, and toss lightly to combine well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete